Sunday, September 23, 2007

Top Chef: What in the Dale is Going On?



ok, so like, someone is reeeeeeeeeally trying to get me to thrust a rusty nail into my throat. why in the cropped pants, rubber shoe, so-2-years-ago mohawk heck is DALE still on this show? we'll return to this question in a bit....


so this ep found the chefs actually in the city (ny) and they got to go to le cirque (gasp!) to do their quickfire challenge...recreating a specialty menu item of fish wrapped in potato served over creamed leeks. hung of course won, but casey was nipping at his heels in 2nd place. that droopy-eyed sara didn't even finish cooking hers, therefore serving a RAW piece of fish to sirio maccioni...how gross! what bugged me tho, was hung and his villainous way of doing everything. i see why the other chefs hate him.

i know this is a competition, but he takes it too far. he cooked his dish first and when he came out, everyone asked if he cooked on top of the stove or in the oven. hung, of course, wouldn't tell. my thing is, just tell 'em. just because you told them the method doesn't mean they are going to produce it as well as you. maybe they won't flavor it well, maybe they'll burn it, maybe it'll end up RAW, like sara. so all that extra, super-duper, top-secret spy ish isn't necessary. hung OBVIOUSLY has better knife skills and speed so he doesn't have to try to humiliate his competitors....just throw them a bone already. we all know he's gonna win anyway. geez!


nonetheless, this week's challenge was to create a great meal using the simplest of ingredients...chicken, potatoes, and a yellow onion. the twist, to cook and serve to the staff of the renowned french culinary institute.

well, casey, hung and brian made successful dishes. but sara, and dale were lagging behind in the threnches (where they usually are anyway). what killed me was brian's "big, green turd" of leek-infused whipped potatoes. it was tastey, but looked like something my kid might've pooped into her diaper...i agree with dale on that one. brian definitley had a flavorful dish tho. hung made some chicken and fried chicken skin with a potato ball that no one really liked. casey made a dish that usually is reserved for making with older roosters, but it still came out yummy. ditzy dale made 2 dishes that were supposed to be tied together by some magical fairy sauce, but dale forgot to put it on the plate so the dishes looked as dry as my coke bowl on a saturday night. sara made some MORE couscous and some jamican chicken without the jamican spices-lolol! needless to say, sara got the boot.
DOH!


personally, i think sara has been depressed since the beginning of the competition. she chain-smokes and has a relentless tired expression her face. i don't think her heart was ever in it, so she should have been sent packing long ago......but more importantly than that..DALE HAS GOT TO GO! he should have been sent home on episode three. and if for no ther reason, he is self taught, which is prolly why most of his food sucks. he is the WORST! nothing ever matches, his flavors are always wack and my cat could present her dried cat viddles better than he presents his slop. i think dale should stick to comedy and start his own designer line of man-capris with matching bandanas.....i'd buy them too!


but you couldn't pay me to eat his food BLEH!!
SASHAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!



i'm off to rehab.....

3 comments:

Shawn said...

I'm sorry Addict and Dale but this is a competition. I don't OWE you any info on how I prepare my food. We're not study buddies. Frankly, I was rather annoyed that Dale asked the question. He already knew that Hung was not gonna share but he wanted to make it an issue and have another reason to make Hung look bad. Tacky, if you ask me.

Is it me, or was that a rather boring episode? I am not excited about any of the remaining chefs. At the start of the this season Chef Colicchio raved about how season 3's chefs were the most talented of all the seasons. I've been questioning his stance for awhile now. The fact that Sara and Dale made it as far as they did/have makes me think he was smoking that crack with you Addict before he over stated their talent.

I am thrilled Sara is gone. I was tired of seeing and hearing about her mishaps. The crying meltdowns were tired as well. Her skills were over-matched for this show and she never seemed to handle the pressure well.

I hope I can stay awake for the remaining episodes. This has become a snoozefest.

I am officially on Team Hung. Let's Hu-ung. Let's GO! Let's Hu-ung. Let's GO!

Elle said...

lolololol man-pris! You're right, Dale should be kicked off just for being a gay man with absolutely no style. I mean really.

Jameil said...

not sashay!! dale drives me insane. i was so with hung. and i'm w/shawn. you don't tell your COMPETITION how to do it right. esp. when you nail it. get outta here! that's just dumb. the episode was def. boring. i was just shocked dale made it out. howwwww??!?! def. just b/c sara served the raw 2xs in one episode. sigh.